Our favourite fun tooth facts!
As you already know, here at Marquess Dental in Anglesey, we love teeth! There’s actually only one thing we enjoy more, and that’s tooth facts! So here are a few of our favourites that we thought we’d share with you…
- Our adult teeth are supposed to last a lifetime, which is why our dental enamel is the strongest substance in the human body, it’s even tougher than our bones! This is because healthy enamel protects teeth from the nasty bacteria that can cause cavities.
- In medieval Japan white teeth were considered ugly. Women used to stain their teeth black with roots and ink as this was believed to be more attractive. Thankfully we think differently these days, and we can achieve a gleaming white smile through a good oral hygiene regime and professional tooth whitening for an extra brightening boost!
- An elephant’s molar tooth can weigh more than 6lbs; if we had to pull those out on a daily basis at Marquess Dental we’d all need much bigger and stronger muscles! In fact, elephants grind down their molars and grow new ones, they do this six times in their lifetime.
- Much like fingerprints, everyone’s tongue print is different and unique to each individual. Show your tongue some love by remembering to clean it when your brush your teeth.
- The biggest mammal on earth, the blue whale, has no teeth, whereas a snail has more than 25,000 teeth in that tiny mouth!
Next time you visit us for your appointment why not come armed with a tooth fact for our team? We’d love to hear them, especially if you’ve got a new one that we don’t already know! To book your next appointment, just call 01248 787878.
Posted by Geraint Buse on 22nd May 2017, under Cosmetic Dentistry